|Indian Society of Structural Engineers, Pune has recently arranged a technical lecture on “Use of Ferro Cement in Design and Construction of Building” at Indian Institute of Engineers hall, Pune on 1st February 2019. Eminent Dr. Arun Purandare was invited to deliver the lecture. About 40 to 45 structural engineers attended the lecture.
ISSE Pune center Joint Secretary Er. Anshuman Bhide welcomed the delegates, followed by brief about ISSE and program details by ISSE Pune Chairman Er. Dhairyashil Khairepatil. Er. Mrs. Deshmukh Madam Secretary of Institution of Engineers India, Pune felicitate Dr. Arun Purandare.
In the presentation Dr. Purandare explained and shared the following points with members.:
1. State of Ferrocement use and design.
2. Experiments undertaken in Research.
3. Values obtained for tension in Hoop, bending & Axial forces sizes.
4. Basic primary sizes of Ferrocement Units.
5. Load bearing wall plates.
6. Members for columns, Beams & Slabs.
7. Various design projects under execution.
8. Ongoing research in composite columns.
9. Panels under Blast load and Bullets
ISSE Pune Center Secretary Er. Kishor Jain gave a vote of thanks.