|Indian Society of Structural Engineers (ISSE) Solapur Center and UltraTech Cement Ltd-Solapur arranged a seminar on “Life Cycle Cost of RCC Structures and Extending Life Span of RCC Structures” on 17th Dec. 2019. The session was arranged at Phadkule Auditorium, Solapur.
Chairman ISSE Solapur Dr. J B Dafedar welcomed the delegates with his opening remarks. Om Darak, Secretary ISSE Solapur introduced the speaker Hemant Vadalkar and elaborated on activities of ISSE.
Hemant Vadalkar of Vadalkar & Associates, Mumbai made presentation on “Life cycle cost analysis and improving service life of RCC structures”. He also guided about the extending life span of RCC Structures. There were 133 attendees from industry including practicing structural engineers, architects and academicians from engineering institutes. The main aim of seminar was to throw light on Life Cycle Cost of Structures, sustainability, speed and quality which are the prime requirements of today’s constructions.
Main takeaway of the seminar are as follows.
- Life cycle cost analysis must be carried out for choosing the best alternative of structure.
- Minimum life cycle cost is the best option though the initial cost of structure is more.
- Durability parameters must be implemented from planning to execution for achieving longer service life our assets.
- Reduced concrete permeability is the key parameter for extending life cycle of structure.
- It will help in achieving sustainable construction and minimum life cycle cost.
There was a huge response from local civil engineers and around 150 engineers attended the event. Balkrishna Kulkarni of Ultratech Cements conducted proceedings. Regional Head Ultratech Cements Technical Services Avdhesh Upadhyay proposed vote of thanks.